Episode #125 of the Stack Overflow podcast is here. We talk Tilde Club and mechanical keyboards. Listen now
2 edited title
| link

What is thisa chain of words like this called?

source | link

What is this chain of words called?

Take this for instance:

Organelles --> Cell --> Tissue --> Organ --> Organ system --> Organism

How about "order of development"? I'm really clueless actually, but I'm pretty certain there is a specific term for it, though I may not be able to recall it now.