Is there a word for the person who decides how many things there will be?
For example: person A decides how many children will go on the annual trip (and then person B decides who these children will be). What word describes the job of person A?
Some more examples (thanks, J.R.):
- How many freshmen will we admit into the college of engineering next fall?
- How many printers our office will buy next year?
- How many bags of potato chips we should bring to the family picnic?
- How many windows should we have in each room in our new appartment?
- How many questions should be in the final exam ?
The closest word I could think of is "counter", but a counter is the one that counts, not the one that decides about the number.