I am going to talk a topic about monitor stand in English with native English speakers, I will specifically talk about this part: enter image description here enter image description here

What is the best word I can use for the part that will definitely let a native English speaker know what I am talking about?

feet, legs? or?

  • 1
    Best to use a generic term. I would call them supports. Aug 12, 2016 at 1:11
  • 4
    I think legs is OK, but supports will definitely be understood too.
    – stangdon
    Aug 12, 2016 at 1:23

1 Answer 1


Tables have legs. The little trays for eating breakfast in bed have folding legs. I'd say that legs is a good choice.

Though supports would be understood I don't think that is quite as good as supports are often separate from the thing they support.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .