How to interpret "read extensively and intensively for different purposes in varied sources and increasingly demanding texts" in the following?
TEKS: English 4
The students will:
- comprehend selections using a variety of strategies.
- draw upon his/her background to provide connection to texts.
- draw inferences and support them with textual evidence and experience
- read extensively and intensively for different purposes in varied sources and increasingly demanding texts.
Should I interpret it as:
- reading in varied sources and demanding texts for different purposes.
- reading intensively for different purposes, which will vary based off the difficulty of the text.