I'm learning English cursive font recently. And I'm confused about how I can link the "o" and "s" together in words such as "those", "goes", and so on. Because the end of "o" is much higher than that of "s". By the way, I use the attachment as the model.enter image description here

  • here's a youtube video with a slow explanation youtube.com/watch?v=npIJI2hfyx0
    – hunter
    Aug 24, 2016 at 17:02
  • 1
    "Font" is not really a word you can apply to characters created by handwriting. A font is a set of characters for printed type. Cursive is a handwriting style.
    – nohat
    Aug 24, 2016 at 22:09
  • 2
    We can refer to a handwriting style or system as a script.
    – TimR
    Aug 25, 2016 at 12:32
  • 1
    Here is connecting an O to an S youtube.com/… Here is connecting an S to an O youtube.com/…
    – Nate
    Apr 23, 2021 at 16:47

1 Answer 1


See image. Used the word lost to illustrate with a real word.

enter image description here

  • OK. Let's it see for capital O too.
    – EllieK
    Aug 24, 2016 at 17:03
  • 4
    Capital O wouldn't link to the next letter. The loop would just hang.
    – LawrenceC
    Aug 24, 2016 at 17:03
  • Same is true for D, P, W too. They just stand alone.
    – LawrenceC
    Aug 24, 2016 at 17:06
  • imgur.com/a/MnLoX
    – LawrenceC
    Aug 24, 2016 at 17:11
  • 2
    The OP's chart is only one version of "cursive writing." Many of the letter forms are different form the ones I learned in school in the UK - and in the version I learned, upper case letters were never linked to the following lower case letters.
    – alephzero
    Aug 24, 2016 at 21:45

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .