When a process is done over a series of things (e.g series of nodes of a graph), they may be in turn processed. What are words for the node that is being processed?

  • Current Node
  • Under-Process Node ?!
  • Under Consideration
  • ...

It is a general question, "node" is just an example here

  • Wrong SE site! Perhaps this is where the question belongs. Aug 30, 2016 at 8:14
  • 2
    @P.E.Dant it is a general question, "node" is just an example here.
    – Ahmad
    Aug 30, 2016 at 8:20
  • I am not sure, but I think you are looking for a word similar to "ongoing"
    – Cardinal
    Aug 30, 2016 at 10:23
  • 1
    The clearest thing you can say is likely "current node being processed" or "node currently being processed."
    – LawrenceC
    Aug 30, 2016 at 13:47
  • 1
    @Ahmad. You should create a sample sentence. Your question is awfully broad as is.
    – TimR
    Aug 30, 2016 at 13:53

1 Answer 1


There are various ways to indicate this

Current node being processed is "X"
Node being processed is "X"
Processing node "X"
Currently on "X"

Basically, almost any combination of "currently", "processing", "node", and "X" will work.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .