what is gentle landscape ? I've got a short explanation like "a landscape with nothing extreme or threatening about it" but I find it insufficient. Could you please define it broadly?
Gentle landscape is not a well-known saying, but looks/sounds like "flowery" language that is trying to evoke an emotional response from you. So it should not be taken literally, and it could technically mean a number of things depending on the mood the writer or speaker is trying to convey. It can't be completely understood apart from its surrounding text or speech.
It could mean:
- A landscape that is pleasant to look at.
- A landscape that doesn't have harsh attributes, or is being contrasted with another thing that has harsh attributes, such as "The gentle landscape was a welcome change from the dirty junkyard."
- A landscape that's easy to walk or travel upon, e.g. not hilly.
- A landscape that doesn't have a lot of complexity to it, maybe just a few manicured bushes, etc. and nothing very elaborate.
- A landscape that is comforting and refreshing to look at or be in.