I am writing an English blog. I am currently listening to Trump and Clinton debate over the abortion, could anyone tell me what the "robby (robbie) way" is?

I looked up the dictionary and surfed through but nothing came up. Is it possibly a name???

Video clip of Clinton/Trump Debate

Thank you in advance.

  • 4
    I think you are thinking of Roe vs Wade which is a landmark decision by the Supreme Court on abortion rights for women. – Peter Oct 22 '16 at 10:32
  • So are the announcer and Hillary saying or speaking as ro-e-wade? – Kentaro Oct 22 '16 at 10:39
  • 2
    Hillary says "we should not reverse Roe v Wade" here (roe-vee-wade) instead of saying Roe versus Wade – Peter Oct 22 '16 at 10:41
  • 1
    You need to say clearly that you have included a link to the debate, say it is a YouTube clip. Frankly I had no idea what "robbie" was referring to until Peter explained in the comments. – Mari-Lou A Oct 22 '16 at 10:50
  • 4
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it asks about something that was heard incorrectly and the value of keeping it "open" for other learners is low. – Alan Carmack Oct 26 '16 at 3:18

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.