"We have green light to print"


"We have the green light to print"

Can someone please explain to me which one is better grammatically?

  • 2
    the green light It's a particular green light, the one that gives you permission to go. – deadrat Nov 18 '16 at 4:42

Agree with Deadrat. It's "We have the green light to print." You could also say "We have a green light to print."

| improve this answer | |
  • I almost agree with Deadrat and iMerchant but I think you'll find "… a green light" far more common than "… the…" – Robbie Goodwin Nov 30 '16 at 0:21

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy