I used to get buzzed after a shot or two. But after a month of frequent drinking, I need at least five to get me there.

What's this limit called in English? I mean the amount that you take on drugs or alcohol to feel high.

Oh, I shouldn't have been drinking that much. Now my [the word] has gone up. I just don't feel a thing after two shots.

  • 1
    tolerance 4 "physiology the capacity of an organism to endure the effects of a poison or other substance, esp after it has been taken over a prolonged period"
    – user3169
    Dec 25 '16 at 19:07
  • @user3169 is "my tolerance's gone up" ok to be used like in the context that i put up there or i should make the meaning in another way?
    – Yuri
    Dec 25 '16 at 21:51
  • "my tolerance has gone up" is OK. But don't use the abbreviation.
    – user3169
    Dec 26 '16 at 1:00

The word you are looking for is

tolerance or tolerance level- the level one can cope with something

After a month of drinking, my tolerance (level) for alcohol has increased.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .