I asked a related question, which its answer's comments say I can use different tense after "Until", I thought of posting the question in a separate question to get a complete answer.
Which of the following are possible or more natural
- I waited until he left the room, then I entered there
- I waited until he leaves the room, then I entered there
- I waited until he had left the room, then I entered there
I know it could also be the following, but I didn't find a better example with "until". If you know use that.
- I waited for him to leave the room
What about present:
- I am waiting until he comes back
- I am waiting until he will come back
- I wait until he comes back
- I can't help you until I finish/have finished my work