Please help me identify whether my usage of come and go in the following sentences is correct or wrong :) I will also appreciate it if you explain why they are wrong :) Thank you in advance :)
Already at work:
- I go to work at 4 pm. I come to work at 4:30 pm.
- I went to work at 4 pm. I came to work at 4:30 pm.
- What time do you go home from work?
- What time do you come home?
(I personally think this should be What time do you get home?)
- Mom, my friend is coming to our house later.
(I think this should be, My friend is coming over. I am not sure if adding to our house is correct.)
Already at home:
- I go home at 6 am. I come home at 6:30 am.
- I went home at 6 am. I came home at 6:30 am.
(I normally say, *I get/got off from work at 6 am. I get/got home at 6:30 am *)
On the phone w/ a friend:
(I am in the Philippines, my friend is in another country, let's say Turkey)
- When are you coming in the Philippines?
- When are you going to Greece?
- I will go to Turkey this summer.
- My friend from Canada is coming in the Philippines in February.
(I would have used the adverbs here and there but I also want to learn how to use come and go with prepositions when the specific location is mentioned.