How to use possessive by and of ? On the internet I have read that we use by with one work or one kind of work and of when we mean all the works.
- Example: A writer A wrote many books. He wrote five romantic books and eight adventure books.
- This romantic book is by A.
- All the books are of A.
- Example: A writer B wrote eleven books (five horror books, six school books), built five houses, painted seven paintings and make three cars.
- These three horror books are by B.
- All these books (eleven) are by B.
- These two paintings and those two houses are by B.
- These paintings (seven) and houses (five) are by B.
- All these things (eleven books, five houses, seven paintings, three cars) are of B.
Did I understand it correctly?