I am describing 'client-server-clients' architecture. This means that all the sides can send data to each other via the server. It is used in software that consists of PC application, server and mobile application.

So, how to say it right in this way: PC application and mobile application are ... ?


There's a few words that can describe this:

  • The clients are using the server as a communication hub.

  • The server intermediates communication between the clients.

  • The server routes or forwards communication between the clients.

  • The server is a middleman for all client communication.

The closest technical term I can think of that is a single word is proxy, but that has other distinct meanings in network communications, so you should avoid that.

  • thank you. And could you add a word or some of them to the end of this phrase "PC application and mobile application are ->>here<<-" – Ivan Mar 16 '17 at 16:37
  • 1
    "PC application and mobile application communication occurs through the central server." – LawrenceC Mar 16 '17 at 17:51
  • He might be looking for "duplex"? – fectin Apr 25 '17 at 4:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.