I heard in UK "queue" if more often used than "line". Then how can I say "to cut in line" in British English?

"to cut in queue" or "to cut in line"?

I also found a expression "jump the queue", but I couldn't find out how popular the expression.

1 Answer 1


"Jump the queue" is the usual British equivalent to "cut in line" in US English.

www.oxforddictionaries.com, an online dictionary website produced by the UK-based Oxford University Press, defines "cut in line" as

North American

Jump the queue

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .