Conjugation is:

put - put - put

eat - ate - eaten

run - ran - run


What the name for this depending between subject and verb:

subject (he, she, it) = verb (eats)

subject (we, you, they, I) = verb (eat)

subject (he, she, it) = verb (is)

subject (we, you, they) = verb (are)

my guess: the process of depending between subject and verb is a declension


Declension is a term borrowed from Latin grammar designating morphological variation in nouns and adjectives, just as conjugation (also borrowed from Latin) designates morphological variation in verbs.

The interaction within a specific syntactic context between the forms taken by words of different classes—for instance, the requirement in English that a the form of a finite verb is governed by the number and person of its subject—is called agreement or concord.

| improve this answer | |

You conjugate a verb, so that it agrees with its subject. (You choose the correct conjugation).

You decline a noun, so that it agrees with its role in the sentence. (You choose the correct declension).

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.