I am originally from one country but study at university in a different country. Now, my native country asked me to prove that I study at this university and I want to ask my university to bring me document for that. Can I call this document "study confirmation letter" or "confirmation of studies" and simply ask them for that and they will understand?

  • What about "study abroad sanction letter"? I am not sure however. – Cardinal Jul 3 '17 at 17:19
  • They want confirmation that I study. The emphasize is on the studies rather than on the country. Think about that governmental office in your country asks from you to bring a document for proving your studies. – Judicious Allure Jul 3 '17 at 17:24
  • I found this "Proof of Study" - does it work? cambridgestudents.cam.ac.uk/your-course/graduate-study/… – Judicious Allure Jul 3 '17 at 17:46
  • 1
    I found also "Certificates of Enrolment" - stir.ac.uk/registry/studentinformation/confirmationdocuments – Judicious Allure Jul 3 '17 at 17:55
  • 1
    "Proof of Enrollment" is the correct term for this. Additionally "Proof of Attendance" or "Proof of Enrollment and Attendance", since it's not terribly uncommon for a foreign student to enroll in an educational program and then not attend. It may satisfy your home country more than a simple Proof of Enrollment. – Nathan Young Jul 3 '17 at 18:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.