What do you call a student at a University who gets hired by the University part time to do tasks around the university such as watching the front desk. Is there an official title for students like this or do we just describe it like a student who works part time at his university?

  • "Student Volunteers"? – Varun Nair Jul 17 '17 at 7:09
  • But the University pays, just not a lot. Sometimes they also offer other perks also. – Tyler Jul 17 '17 at 7:15
  • 1
    Maybe an 'Internship'? An Intern, perhaps? – Varun Nair Jul 17 '17 at 7:19

In US colleges these are usually called 'work-study' or 'work/study' positions, as are the people who hold the positions.

We've got three new work-studies at the front desk this term.

| improve this answer | |

Varun is right!

'Intern' could be one of the words, if not the word.

Though the term has been widely used for medicos, I have heard and seen students or graduates doing internship in and off the campuses.

Interns are generally paid.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.