Would you please tell me what does this called in English?

a glass of orange juice with a straw

  • 2
    What do you call it in your language? – user3169 Jul 24 '17 at 17:59

That's a drinking straw (or simply straw).

From Wikipedia:

A drinking straw is a tube for transferring a beverage from its container to the mouth of the drinker. A thin tube of plastic (such as polypropylene and polystyrene) or other material, straight or with an angle-adjustable bellows segment, it is used by being held with one end in the mouth and another end in the drink. Muscular action (a combination of the muscles of the tongue and cheeks) reduces air pressure in the mouth and above the liquid in the straw, whereupon atmospheric pressure forces the beverage through the straw. [...] A bendable straw or "bendy straw" (known in the industry as an "articulated straw") has a concertina-type hinge near the top for convenience. This variation was invented by Joseph Friedman in 1937.

| improve this answer | |

It's called a:


(from flexible)

| improve this answer | |

May also be called "bendable straws"

enter image description here

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.