I don't know what this elevator is called in English. I´m looking for images like this elevator in the real world

enter image description here

  • I'm not quite sure about it,but payload perhaps? – Tim Aug 11 '17 at 3:23
  • 1
    Which characteristics of the elevator are important? The shape? The size? What is the source of your picture? Many scenes only exist in the mind of who drew them. – ColleenV parted ways Aug 11 '17 at 17:35
  • I assume this type of elevator is called something in your native language. Have you tried using a bilingual dictionary? – James K Aug 11 '17 at 22:01

Your picture is a bit ambiguous, depending on the property you want to express.

  • If you mean a lift that is intended to transport goods (as opposed to passengers), you see a cargo/freight lift or elevator.

  • If you are focused on the fact that the lift works by pulling/pushing the platform or cabin along a slope (and not hanging freely on a wire or rope), you have an inclined lift.

And of course you can combine both purpose and technical method and get, for example, an inclined freight lift.

  • @jax I appreciate your thanks, but let me point you to our tour and help center, where you will learn a lot about the workings and rules of the site. One of them is that we typically don't write "thank you" comments. See the help for what we do instead: ell.stackexchange.com/help/someone-answers – Stephie Aug 11 '17 at 7:51

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.