Near the beginning of the story, something happens that starts the action rolling.

I found the writer put "relative clause after verb'' to avoid long subject. What I want to know is ''Is this writing called "Inversion" or other usage?''

1 Answer 1


There is no inversion here.

This is simply called "extraposed relative clause" or "relative clause in extraposition," that is to say, one that is separated from its antecedent (something) by the main verb, in this case.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .