Is it called smoker?

I just have done a google search with this:

term to people who like smoking

  • How about 'chain smoker'? – Ahmbro Dude Sep 7 '17 at 7:15
  • 1
    It would be "term for people who like to smoke". You might find some advertising terms for cigarette-lover here: google.com/… – Tᴚoɯɐuo Sep 7 '17 at 9:24
  • Unfortunately smoking is a drug habit. I suspect there are many people who smoke but don't like it (why so many people try to quit). So smoker by itself isn't helpful. I would just use like if it is appropriate. – user3169 Sep 8 '17 at 0:08

Some ways of referring to people who like smoking could be:

Smoking Enthusiast

Cigarette Enthusiast

The word 'enthusiast' means (according to Merriam-Webster Dictionary):

One who tends to become ardently absorbed in an interest

You can also say 'x' followed by "Enthusiast", being 'x' the specific thing that is being smoked, like Cigar (the big ones) Enthusiast, Marihuana Enthusiast, etc.

Also, regarding your first question, smoker refers to one that smokes, regardless they enjoy it or not.


Smoker is the one who smokes. However, you want something that describes that they like smoking! Well, I'm not sure whether such term exist. But this may work:

A cigarette lover
A cigar lover

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.