I'm looking for a word or phrase that means "a professor who has once taught me in the past"? All I can think of is "professor from the past." Is there a more formal and proper word for this?

  • 2
    Also one of my old professors, one of my past professors one of my previous professors
    – Jim
    Dec 11, 2013 at 7:11
  • @Jim - Perhaps it's obvious, but I'll say it anyway: "old" would be acceptable in conversation, but your other two options are much better in more formal contexts, such as a resumé or job application.
    – J.R.
    Dec 11, 2013 at 10:17

1 Answer 1


Simply say your former professor. There is no specific word or expression.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .