I try to find the precise English term used in social science (medial studies) which describes how the media represents the people, things and events of our world. Is "the medial picture" the appropriate term?

Just for example: In my article I would like to provide the media picture/view of immigrants presented in our commercial televisions.

  • 3
    More context would be helpful. BTW, New Oxford American Dictionary defines "medial" as "situated in the middle", not as "related to media." - Maybe "the media view" is the term you are looking for - the view that the media has of the world. – fbitterlich Oct 4 '17 at 13:59

The word media is commonly used as a noun adjunct when referring to the communications media (eg. the academic discipline is commonly called media studies).

I think the term you are looking for is media representation.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.