I was googling to see how the verb graduate is used. graduate college or graduate from college. and I got my answer to this in an article about this:

Did you catch that ugly grammatical blunder? The problem is with the verb: graduated. In this context, it should always take the preposition from.

Graduated from. You don't graduate college. College graduates you. You graduate from college.

However I couldn't find anything about completing study of some field and not college or highs school. Is it used the same? like this:

I have graduated from Computer Engineering.

or is there another verb to describe completing a field of study?


This is usually expressed as:

  • I graduated with a degree in (Some Discipline).


  • I graduated from (Some University) with a degree in (Some Discipline).

If it's an advanced degree:

  • I have a (Degree) from (Some University) in (Some Discipline).


  • I have a (Degree) in (Some Discipline) from (Some University)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.