He just awake.

He looked at his hand and said,

"I have a bed mark."

enter image description here

What do we call for this?

The mark was caused by the wrinkles bed.


I have no clue and I'm a native speaker. I have always just described them as you called them: "bed marks" or "bed wrinkles" or I've described them as "wrinkles on my skin from sleeping". I don't know what they're called and I've tried finding the word. I hope someone will have a better answer than I do.

  • 1
    They're sometimes called sleep lines or sleep wrinkles or skin creases. – Tᴚoɯɐuo Oct 29 '17 at 11:29
  • Can I say, "I have a wrinkle on my hand." – e12345678 Nov 15 '17 at 6:48
  • Yeah, but you should describe how the wrinkle came to be, so I would say, "I have a wrinkle on my hand from sleeping on it." That's one possible way of many to say it. – Nick Nov 15 '17 at 6:49

The general term for this seems to be "skin indentation".

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.