What do you call those ash particles flying out of a fire? enter image description here

  • They're called voldemortlets. We don't have a specific name for them. – Tᴚoɯɐuo Oct 29 '17 at 13:17
  • a mote or a speck of dust – Michael Login Oct 29 '17 at 15:54
  • 1
    As you said, why not just call it "ash"? – user3169 Oct 29 '17 at 19:47
  • There's not many HP fans 'ere? +1 to TRomano's comment. – SovereignSun Nov 1 '17 at 6:39

I call them sparks. Motes or specks would more commonly refer to particles of dust.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.