What the gloves without the part of the fingers called in English?

I know 2 types:

  • Gloves without the part that covering the fingers (pic.1)
  • Gloves with half covering of the fingers. (pic. 2) pic.1

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


The first kind are just called fingerless gloves.

For example, in an advertisement,

enter image description here

The second kind are called cuffs, although cuffs do not always have the part that wraps around the thumb. More usually they're a simple tube around the wrist. This dates to when cuffs were made separate from shirts so that they could be laundered more frequently than the rest of the shirt. For example, on a knitting website:

enter image description here

  • 1
    If you want to be certain that you are referring to the version with just the thumb hole, you would probably call them wristlets, wrist-warmers or wristers.
    – ColleenV
    Commented Nov 2, 2017 at 17:22

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .