Talking about roles for people, what do you call a person who is in charge of checking or verifying that every part of a procedure is working okay?

I was thinking "reviewer" but it does not sound quite correct to me.

  • auditor? inspector? Nov 16, 2017 at 6:06
  • organizer maybe?
    – Maryam
    Nov 16, 2017 at 6:15
  • The terminology may vary from what they are checking. Is there a context for this? Perhaps you're looking for a person who checks something in specific?
    – Varun Nair
    Nov 16, 2017 at 6:24
  • I would use "auditor".
    – user3169
    Nov 16, 2017 at 6:28
  • @VarunNair Say there is a "operator" who is performing a procedure (for example feeding tablets to a machine) and there is another person who verifies if that procedure is done correctly Nov 16, 2017 at 6:42

2 Answers 2


Have you heard of the word supervisor? I think that's exactly what you're looking for: a supervisor is a person who supervises activities or people, especially workers or students.


Corrector, an old name for proofreader.

Script girl, now called continuity supervisor.

Consultant would fit the bill in many contexts.

In space flight they are called flight controllers.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .