In other words, what do you call this?

enter image description here

Few options pop in my mind: the end of the slide, the foot of the slide, but I'm not a native speaker so I'm not very sure.

1 Answer 1


Most of us would just say "the bottom" of the slide. Especially if we were children, who are the ones who use it; children generally find simple ways to say things.

One might also refer to the "foot" of the slide. I don't think I would use "end" because it isn't clear whether I'm talking about the top end or the bottom end.

I also found this advertisement for a "multi-piece scoop slide," which has an "entrance" (top) section, an "exit" (bottom) section, and a variable number of "insert" (middle) sections, in order to accommodate different deck heights. So, perhaps people in the business of manufacturing slides would call the bottom the "exit."

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .