Does “Running” in this sentence mean “ongoing activity” or “initiating an activity” Or other meanings?
1) The surprise attack sent the enemy (moved the enemy quickly) so that it made them start running (“on going activity” or “initiating activity”).
Can I believe that the following examples mean same as (1)?
- After his four years as governor, the voters sent him packing.
- Her screams brought the neighbors running.
- The explosion sent glass flying everywhere.
- When Jesus sent the disciples out fishing to teach them about obedience,
Otherwise Does “Running” in this sentence mean simply “and they ran” or “so that they ran”?
2) The surprise attack sent the enemy (moved the enemy quickly) and they ran / or so that they ran.