It’s in front of the house and in the middle of sidewalk.

enter image description here

  • I would suggest "ramp". You can better describe it as "sidewalk ramp" or "house driveway ramp". Since it looks like it was built for cars to park in front of the house, even though it is used as a shop. (For US English) Dec 28, 2017 at 9:35

1 Answer 1


According to Wikipedia it is called "curb cut (U.S.), curb ramp, dropped kerb (UK), pram ramp, or kerb ramp (Australia)".

  • I think access ramp would work in the US, too.
    – J.R.
    Dec 28, 2017 at 10:32
  • Come to think of it, the thingy in the picture may be an access ramp (for the shop) and not the usual "curb cut" the Wikipedia article is about. I assumed the OP was asking about the more common pedestrian ramp. Dec 28, 2017 at 14:47
  • Does it matter? They all seem to be pretty much the same thing either way.
    – J.R.
    Dec 28, 2017 at 15:00

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .