I want to say that someone can study by-himself but he needs a "frame" or "framework" meaning that he needs to be in an institute that will manage and coach him.

Now based on my native language the translation is "frame" or "framework", but I couldn't find evidence for such usage. I've check the meaning of both words in Cambridge dictionary and Oxford dictionary but I didn't find such meaning.

  • Have you considered using the term guidance? – Michael Rybkin Jan 16 '18 at 2:52
  • 1
    An institute might provide a framework but it is not itself a framework. – Tᴚoɯɐuo Jan 16 '18 at 2:53
  • @Cookie 🍪 for me it is more than just guidance. – Judicious Allure Jan 16 '18 at 3:00
  • well, I agree with what @Tᴚoɯɐuo. One thing is for sure, "frame" is definitely not the one you're looking for. – strawberries Sep 27 '19 at 13:37

I don't think framework is the best word here. I'm not sure what you're trying to describe, but you might consider one of the following:

A curriculum refers to the lessons taught in a course or program of study. I feel like this might be the word you're seeking.

A syllabus is a document outlining the subjects taught in a class.

A program is a series of courses offered by a school that focus on a particular subject. For example, a "creative writing program" would normally belong to the English Department of a liberal arts college. The program often has its own teachers and administrators, so the students would have mentorship and other resources available to them.

  • Thank you but I can not be sure in the answer while I'm not sure that you understood me. I'm trying to say for example, that a pupil in 13 years old should be in a "learning frame" rather than to work in market. Or another examples that I showed. By the way, curriculum is not the one that I seek for. all the rest I knew as well. – Judicious Allure Jan 16 '18 at 3:38
  • Can you describe the learning frame more? Does it involve teachers? Does the frame refer to the framework of a single course or many courses? Does it refer just to books and study materials, or to something bigger? – Ringo Jan 16 '18 at 3:55
  • Maybe you need a whole phrase rather than a single word - something like an environment designed for learning. – Canadian Yankee Jan 16 '18 at 18:14
  • @CanadianYankee I think you're right, because I can't think of a single word that exists that describes "an institution that will manage and coach" aside from "program." A program doesn't HAVE to be a set of courses. It can be just a weekly or monthly class or meeting for students and/or parents. – Ringo Jan 16 '18 at 18:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.