What difference is there between:

  • Full-screen
  • Full screen
  • Fullscreen

Which of these terms means "click to switch to full-screen mode"?

I was guessing that full-screen is an adjective, and fullscreen is a misprint for full screen, but I'm not sure about it.

  • 1
    "Press.to enter full-screen mode"--shouldn't it be "click to switch to full-screen mode"? – VictorB Feb 28 '18 at 10:13

Correct would be


since it is a compound adjective in

full-screen mode


full screen

would still be understood, especially given how words are concatenated these days under the influence of programming with snake_case and CamelCase

  • full-screen is only an adjective, right? Whereas full screen is a noun? – SovereignSun Feb 28 '18 at 17:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.