Googling these terms shows all of these terms appear to be in use. Which ones are correct/commonly accepted?

  • pitched would be another possibility as well. – Tᴚoɯɐuo Mar 11 '18 at 12:37
  • "commonly accepted" is not clear. Do you mean how does the average person describe the roof, or how are such roofs designated by people who work with roofs in some manner? Roofers, builders, solar panel installers, etc? – Tᴚoɯɐuo Mar 11 '18 at 12:39

All of those terms work in the right context, but slanted might have a slightly different connotation. Often slanted has the implication that something is mistakenly askew, rather than skewed on purpose. Otherwise, like you said, all of these are fairly common and essentially have the same meaning.

|improve this answer|||||

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.