In a joke image (second image from top), there's mentioning of preparing for RA inspection.

Googling leads to medical material on rheumatism and disambiguitization produces way too many different results.

What could RA mean in the context of inspecting a room, flat or, possibly, bathroom?

1 Answer 1


I think that stands for Resident Assistant.

From Wikipedia:

"A resident assistant (also variously known as a house fellow, resident advisor, community assistant, resident mentor, residence don, peer advisor, community advisor, collegiate fellow, or senior resident), commonly shortened to RA, is a trained peer leader who supervises those living in a residence hall or group housing facility. The majority of RAs work at colleges, universities, or residential mental health and substance abuse facilities."

  • Yup. I think this refers to a college dorm RA.
    – J.R.
    Commented Mar 17, 2018 at 0:12

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .