How to say: I got someone wrong with someone else? Like I want to talk to Ben and I call you (while thinking you are Ben) And when I see you are not Ben, I say: Sorry, I got you wrong with Ben.


Generally, the three most common ways to say that would be these:

I'm sorry. I mistook you for Ben.

I'm sorry. I thought that you were Ben.

I'm sorry. I confused you with Ben.

In the second example, you can also drop the conjunction that altogether and just say:

I'm sorry. I thought you were Ben.

  • You could use mixed up as well: “I’m sorry, I got you mixed up with Ben.” Also, if the person you are talking to doesn’t know Ben, you’d probably use “someone else” in lieu of the person’s name: "“I’m sorry, I got you mixed up with someone else.” – J.R. Mar 25 '18 at 1:34
  • Thank you. That's a good one too. I was thinking of to get mixed up with someone, but for some reason didn't include it. – Michael Rybkin Mar 25 '18 at 1:43

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy