I have been thinking about the two sentences below to see whether they are natural or not. I am wondering when an infinitive used as an adjective makes sense or sounds correct.
- The parent just arrived.
- The plumber just arrived.
- The parent will pick up his daughter.
- The plumber will fix the toilet.
c = a + b
- The parent to pick up his daughter just arrived.
- The plumber to fix the toilet just arrived.
I am trying to imitate sentences that I have seen in books and on the Internet about to infinitives used as adjectives.