This has been bothering me lately and I need to know. So for me if I'm not thinking something I'm messing with something(like a piece of paper in my hands), and if I'm not doing that I'm thinking(making up stories in my head). I always have to be doing something, I can't just do nothing. What's the word for that?(If their is a word)
You could consider restless and fidgety:
- characterized by or showing inability to remain at rest:
a restless mood.
- unquiet or uneasy, as a person, the mind, or the heart.
- never at rest; perpetually agitated or in motion: the restless sea.
- without rest; without restful sleep:
a restless night.
- unceasingly active; averse to quiet or inaction, as persons:
a restless crowd.
Someone who is fidgety keeps fidgeting, for example, because they are nervous or bored.
Neither exactly suggests that you're thinking a lot. You may need to specify that.
This might be the word you are looking for.
Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) or "Hyperactivity"