A ball filled completely with air is said to be inflated. What do you say if a ball is in a 'not that much inflated' condition? Is there a single word for it? Are there other words that give the same meaning as that of inflated/'not so inflated'

  • 2
    The prefix semi- can be applied to lots of different adjectives, including this one. "Semi-inflated" means "partially inflated." – Canadian Yankee Apr 19 '18 at 13:50

I think Underinflated is what you are looking for.


If it had once been gas filled, it could be deflated

deflated ADJECTIVE

1 Having been emptied of air or gas.

‘a deflated balloon’


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.