A ball filled completely with air is said to be inflated. What do you say if a ball is in a 'not that much inflated' condition? Is there a single word for it? Are there other words that give the same meaning as that of inflated/'not so inflated'

  • 2
    The prefix semi- can be applied to lots of different adjectives, including this one. "Semi-inflated" means "partially inflated." Commented Apr 19, 2018 at 13:50

2 Answers 2


I think Underinflated is what you are looking for.


If it had once been gas filled, it could be deflated

deflated ADJECTIVE

1 Having been emptied of air or gas.

‘a deflated balloon’


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .