What's the name of the horizontal wooden piece that separates the wall and floor, is there a technical name for it?


Wooden Piece

1 Answer 1


We call that piece of wood the baseboard.

  • 3
    I suggest you add "also called skirting board (british english), skirting, mopboard, floor molding, or base molding" (from wikipeida)
    – James K
    Commented Apr 20, 2018 at 17:41
  • 2
    Also, if taller, it's called wainscoting
    – Andrew
    Commented Apr 20, 2018 at 17:52
  • Skirting board, in English. Though this example is shorter and thicker than most UK skirting boards.
    – Jelila
    Commented Apr 22, 2018 at 14:21

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .