What word can be used when we want to say that we combine a score/value/etc. into another one? For example, "we combine the scores of the test into the overall score of the user."

Some possible candidates may be: combine, integrate, interpolate, mix, fuse, and merge.

  • 1
    Actually, "combine" is probably the best word, unless it's a simple sum, in which case you can just say "add" or "add up." – Canadian Yankee Apr 24 '18 at 14:11

When talking about scores in particular, I would tend to use, and often see (in tests, sports etc), the word aggregate.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.