Here are some interrogative statements which are right/wrong (both in American and British English).
- What took you so long?
- Who killed my friend?
- What disease took away my dog?
- Who committed treason against his country?
- What language has the vowel 'oe'?
What language does not have the vowel 'oe'?
- What did take you so long?
- Who did kill my friend?
- What disease did kill my dog?
- Who did commit treason?
- What language does have the vowel 'oe'?
Correct me if I am wrong. What grammatical rule each of these interrogative sentences falls into? Hold on a second, I suddenly realized something.
6) Right- What rule each of these sentences falls into?
6) Wrong- What rule does each of these sentences fall into?
7) Right- Which one of you wants to go to prison?
7) Wrong- Which one of you does want to go to prison?
Is this rule called third person “wh” question? What is this rule?