I'm looking for a word that means "to move slowly though a process or system." I was writing an email and I used the word "matriculate", but it clearly is not the word for which I'm looking (football announcers non-withstanding). Is there a word that sounds like matriculate that means what I want here or am I way off base? I wonder if the fact that it sounds like "trickle" is what has me wrong?

1 Answer 1


Are you thinking of percolate?

Water slowly percolates through the soil.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .