As in: "ugh(?)", is it him again?


2 Answers 2


Ugh can be used in your example. It is the sound that people make when something is extremely unpleasant (Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English).


The sound itself is called a harrumph. You could also call it a grunt or a sigh depending on the exact connotation you're looking for.

If you are looking for an onomatopoeia, "ugh" is probably the most common spelling. Others include "ack" "blech".

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .