1.Brief, Concise, Succinct
2.Detailed, Thorough, Lengthy
I know #1 are derivatives of short and #2 are of long
but there is some subtle difference between them
• Brief= short; not containing too many words
• Concise= giving a lot of information clearly, to the point and in few words.
Now a concise thing can be lengthy , however, it'd be still briefer than what it could have been. As all the unnecessary details are omited
• Succinct= briefly and clearly explained but may or may not contain all the main details
• Detailed= Having many details, showing attention to details. Details are given priority but some of them can be omitted
• Thorough = complete, not even a single detail has to be ruled out
• Lengthy = it can either be detailed or thorough or even long-winded (wordy, having unnecessary details, tedious)
Am I right with my interpretations?
Can't trust the googled definitions since it also lists sentimental as synonym for nostalgic. Lol