What is the word for "say something in a tone that shows superiority over the other"?


1 Answer 1


I believe you might be looking for the word Authoritative, which has the following definition:

commanding and self-confident; likely to be respected and obeyed.

You could then say that someone speaks with an Authoritative tone

I hope this helps :)

  • 1
    :) I got it. I had the word somewhere in my mind but I could not get it on my tongue. You really helped. Thank you. Oct 3, 2018 at 11:24

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .