I heard an American say the word (ends with "mate") which refers to "squadmate" in a military group. We was talking about words ending with "mate" then. (I scratched down "spunkmate" but apparently it is wrong spelling.)

I wondered if you could figure out what the word might be? I searched "synonym for squademate" but failed to find the exact word I want.

Edit: It is not "teammate" that I am looking for.

closed as off-topic by J.R. Nov 9 '18 at 20:55

  • This question does not appear to be about learning the English language within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Could be bunkmate or platoonmate. – Tᴚoɯɐuo Nov 9 '18 at 16:31
  • A Brit might add that a "spunkmate" could be a Royal Navy term. – Michael Harvey Nov 9 '18 at 19:35
  • I'm voting to close this question because it was solved in a comment. – J.R. Nov 9 '18 at 20:55

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.