When you move a heated iron up and down a pair of trousers it causes the trousers to fold and a resulting line is noticeable on the front of the trousers. what do you call that "line"?


That line is called a crease.

a line on cloth or paper where it has been folded or crushed:

He ironed a crease down the front of each trouser leg.



The line from ironing is called a crease.

  • 3
    While the answer is correct (and was the other one), it's valuable to add reference (e.g. dictionary definition) and some examples. – Ister Dec 10 '18 at 8:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.